Monday, November 17, 2008

Mom's Birthday

So I'm really slow about posting. We had mom's birthday last Saturday and I'm just posting about it now. Oh well, life gets busy.

We planned mom's party more like a 6th birthday instead of a 60th. We sent out invitations and planned games and activities around that theme. We decided to make it a princess themed party. Since Michelle and I were in charge of invitations, we decided to add the line "Prince and Princess costumes optional." This was a bit of a joke and more of a way to get the point across that it was a child themed party. We had no idea anyone would actually dress up. I was chastised because I actually have at least 3 princess costumes, but like I said, I didn't know that was part of the plan.


When mom arrived she got a wand, tiara, and cape. We played musical chairs (one kids version and one adult version) and pin the tail on the donkey and had a pinata. We also had a craft table so that guests could make their own princess wands. We ate pizza, breadsticks and salad and we had a cupcake tower. Everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves. Although we forgot a few things, I think it all went pretty well. Happy Birthday Mom!!!

Musical chairs--the kids version

Adult version (they were more competitive than you might think)

Mom took a few swats at the pinata before the kids took over

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was alot of fun. I love the pic of mom in her birthday aatire. Very Cute!

The Good Life: GMGE said...

Hey - I'm looking for a fabulous picture of my mom, the pink fairy princess. Do you have one? If so, could you send it to me? I'd love the blackmail material.