Tuesday, December 16, 2008

The song I can't escape

This morning I was listening to Christmas music while I was getting ready for work. Suddenly, "Feliz Navidad" started to play. How did that get on my i-pod? (Oh yeah, a friend gave me a Christmas mix and I didn't look it over very carefully before I added it to my play list. Dumb me.) I quickly ran and changed it. Then I sat down to eat breakfast. And while I was watching the morning show, they played that song as an intro to a cooking segment. As I was driving to work, again the same annoying song came on. I thought I was stuck in some weird alter dimension that only plays that song. That is probably one of the worst Christmas songs. It is extremely repetitive and therefore twice as annoying.

A few years ago, I went to a work Christmas party and the band they had there played that song not once, but twice (one with maracas and one without--big difference). I thought I would go insane. And now I can't stand to hear that song. But it seems that anywhere I go, that stupid song follows. Why?!! Is there some conspiracy to slowly drive me insane?

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I totally hate that song. When we lived in California, that was the ONLY Christmas song that was played on the radio. I feel your pain!

Heidi said...

Hey, you mentioned that you felt Kate's pain! Can you call or email us about your experience? The dermatologist wants as much family history as we can gather to help him out with Kate's case. We haven't been able to uncover anything that could explain this! Thanks!

MIchelle said...

Hey my blog is going private, so post go to my blog and post your email (don't worry, all my comments are private for the time being).

MIchelle said...

I know that is such an annoying song, but another of my faves is "last Christmas I gave you my heart...". I always think of Jen for some reason when I hear that, and I am not quite sure why.

Anonymous said...

Michelle-Because Jen loathed that song with all her heart growing up. I think they over played it at her work and it would drive her crazy. I used to listen to it just to bug her. hehehe.