I just read Jeanette's post on the Olympics and I thought I'd record my own experience. I was quite the faithful fan and saw a lot of the events. I stayed up far too late just to catch the best events and interviews with the athletes. I saw great examples of sportsmanship and rooted (occasionally screaming at the TV) for my favorite athletes. I witnessed the inevitable dumb questions from the sportscasters. I also hoped on a few occasions that a competitor would mess up (I know shameful). I saw Michael Phelps win 7 of his 8 golds.
I also watched a lot of the volleyball matches of Kerri Walsh and Misti May-Treanor and I even saw them win gold (p.s. I wish they'd wear more clothing when they play).
I got choked up when I heard our national anthem. I'd say caught some of the best moments of these Olympics. So you might be shocked to hear that I'm glad they're over. The reasons...I need to do my canning, get my boxes unpacked, paint my office, clean and organize my house, weed my yard, mow my lawn, get to know my neighbors, and get to bed at a decent hour. All of these things were neglected while I was glued to the television for the Olympics. But like I said, I did enjoy myself so I guess it was worth it.
Update on last post: I am now sleeping fine in my new house. I check the doors 2-3 times and make sure they're all locked and secured before I go to bed (I can thank mom for that obsession) and that seems to help me not hear the noises as much. I do occasionally find myself wondering where I am at night when I wake up, but I soon come to my senses and figure it out. One thing that does keep me up is wondering if I'm missing paying a bill. If anyone has some great organized way to remember when everything is due, I'd love to hear suggestions. Anyway, things are going very well in the new house. I love that the kids play in the streets and that their parents come out at night to watch them. Its a great opportunity to socialize and meet people. I love my neighbor Sandy who lives across the street. I can tell we're going to be great friends. She was the first to welcome me to the neighborhood and has made consistent effort since to get to know me. This is great since I'm so shy.
Feeling Welcome
11 years ago


4 comments:
Sounds like you watched for me. I saw hardly any of it. I never knew when it was on and we have a hard time getting normal channels. I'm sad because I am usually obsessed with the Olympics.
Sounds like you knew the magical time to watch. All I got stuck with is creepy Synchronized Swimming and rerun tidbits. I never did find out when the good events were on. I did catch one day of Rythmic Dancing, which we used to make fun of (but at least it wasn't creepy like synchronized swimming).
By the way, I pay my bills twice a month the 1st and 15th. It's not the perfect way, but it works.
I am with Jeanette. I didn't catch much of the good events. I watched part of the women's marathon (which they aired in its 2 1/2 hour entirety), and skulls, which aired for four hours. The only good thing I caught was diving, and a few interviews.
I totally know what you mean about not getting to bed at a good hour. Garrett and I were glued to the TV every night. Even ping pong (or more professionally called TABLE TENNIS as Garrett reminded me). I'm glad its over now though because the house is a disaster!
Post a Comment