Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Things that go bump in the night

Everyone keeps asking me how I'm sleeping at my new place...to be honest, not all that great. It's getting better, but I still get startled by every creak or bump I hear at night. I'm very grateful for the white noise provided by the fan in my bedroom (thanks for the help, Russ). I'm sure it would be a whole lot worse without it. The other day I left the curtains on the sliding glass door open. When I got home that night, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw my own reflection. I consider myself a very independent kind of girl and this fear is a little embarrassing. I know it will go away with time. It's just a little hard right now.

I do love my house though. I love taking care of it and having a sense of ownership in something. My neighbors are very nice. Its so exciting to feel like a part of a neighborhood (something I've missed since I was very young). People have also been very kind to me in my new ward. It's kind of nice that the ward was recently split. I don't stick out so much as a "newbie" (I hate sticking out) and everyone is just trying to get to know everyone else. It's really good all around.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you to have your own house. I'm also glad you have a great ward, sometimes that is hard to come by. Good Luck!