Yesterday, I went to the copy mall with Ken and his girlfriend. It was kind of fun at first. Everyone was so happy to see me. They all wanted me to see their stuff and of course buy it. I was very popular. After a while though, it got a little annoying with people grabbing me and wanting me to go into their store. I found a store that I felt good about and went in. I started looking at catalogs and pointed out some stuff I liked. They brought it from their "warehouse" and I picked out the ones I wanted. Then the bargaining started. Exhausting! I left with a few things, but I wasn't able to get everything I wanted. I was so tired of the whole process that I just decided to leave. I'm hoping I get another opportunity to shop while I'm here. We'll see.
Ok, here's a funny picture:
I guess it really is true. There really is a Walmart on every corner. There's also an underground Walmart just up the street from my hotel. Talk about world domination! (Ok, here's something funny. I saw this and told Ken I wanted to take a picture. He said we could do it after dinner. I thought we were going to walk up the street a bit. It wasn't far. But no, he insisted on driving and we got in horrible traffic. I'm sure he thought I was crazy for wanting to get a picture, but he was nice enough to oblige. Thanks Ken for going to all the trouble to satisfy some crazy American. :)
Feeling Welcome
11 years ago


1 comments:
The window in the bathroom is just plain weird. I don't even understand the purpose of it. Do they sell the same stuff at walmart there as they do here? Is everything there made in China too? Just wondering.
Post a Comment